Internet Business Tools (Introduction)
Internet business tools are crucial to your success. If you are like me and you need to produce content for your small online business, you must be efficient at it.
First, it’s challenging creating content for the internet unless you are a proficient editor. Even then you still need to improve your content for search engines. Follow other practices besides proper grammar, style, and spelling. You must be good at producing content for both humans and bots.
Your small business needs a content strategy!
There are many internet business opportunities you can start online. Such as an e-commerce store, a service business, or publishing site. But they all show one thing in common. They need quality content to succeed. Any online business needs to create daily, weekly content. To allow the online business to generate traffic and reach its target.
Time management is Important
Whoever is to create content for the small online business will need to develop a process to produce enough quantity of posts. And at a reasonable cost. When the owner of the internet business is the same person creating the content, it’s still required to consider the time spent writing as cost. Thus, you need to be productive, spend less time and produce more content but not at the expense of quality.
Build your essential toolbox
For those who want to be a full-time professional publisher earning money online. You need a good set of internet business tools. Consider this post a starting place here to check the suggested tools, recommendations, and tips. Also, learn the costs involved to start an online publishing business. This post should be suitable for anyone wants to start a home based online business.
Use a free and open source software whenever is possible.
Tools should be free products. Hence, here find a list of free tools and open source software. Only when nothing available as free, and a must-have, I will mention a paid version alternatives.
It’s unfortunate to hear small business owners starting out paying the monthly fees asked by some app developers. We talk about this again. With no further delay, I classified the tools required as follows:
List of recommended Internet business Tools
1- Tools For Your Titles and Headings
- Search Through: To check how engaging your headline, we recommend an easy to use a site called search-through. Enter your headline text, and the output will be your headline quality score. Also, helpful you can find the number of characters and words used in your title. How do they produce this quality score? According to their website, they use 300 unique variables to gauge the quality score. Most noteworthy, they describe achieving this using algorithm. A mix of behavior model theory, neuroscience, and advertising research. More on this refer to their site.
- Headline Analyzer by Coschedule:This product is a more comprehensive tool for analyzing your title. According to this site, most visitors read the first and last three words of a headline. Here, your headline title needs to a balanced combination of power, emotional, common and, uncommon words.
It’s necessary to have lists of power and emotional words ready and use such words for your headline title.
Recommended titles to be short under 55 characters and 9 words.
This tool is excellent for any internet business wanting to publish content and hence will need to have fantastic titles.
- Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer:You might need this third tool from Advanced marketing Institute you enter your text, and the tool will return an EMV emotional marketing value for your title.
- Inbound Now: Sometimes you struggle to produce a title with fewer words than recommended and in this case head to Inbound now. This website will generate random short titles with a click of a button. You add your keywords, and you will have an excellent customizable title for your internet business.
2- Writing Assistant Tools
Highly recommended before you use the tools of this section to read the list of suggested references (below).
It should become clear after reading the references how you need to write a straightforward, plain English for the internet. But, for most of us life will be easier using tools for grammar and style as mentioned next:
- Hemingway Editor: Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear. Very important for small businesses to know who they are writing for and this app will provide your readability grade.
- Cliche Finder: You will need to get rid of a phrase or opinion that is overused that might lower the grade of your content. Cliche Finder is your tool.
- Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant: I use Grammarly the paid version it helps to have all my articles in one location organized and easy to find. Also, for the grammar, Plagiarism and style checks. Note this is cloud based application so it becomes useful storing your content in a safe place.
- Wordcounter: This tool can give you word count and frequency. This useful feature for writers and editors can be found at wordcounter.
- Readability Test Tool: Use this tool to test the readability of your text. You can also enter a URL, and it will check it for you.
- Readability Formula Tool: Calculates the number of sentences, words, syllables, and characters in your article. The free readability Calculator tool is worth adding to your toolbox.
- Style Writer 4 (Paid Software) The software is a paid application. A desktop software that runs on your PC to correct writing errors.
- Readable Io: Another tool to measure text readability. The premium version you can upload files in PDf, Word document, etc.
3- SEO TOOLS
Most of the SEO tools require a monthly subscription fee. There are many paid options, and one can search google to find them. I will list only two free tools under this section.
- SERP PREVIEW TOOL: Once you enter your title, meta description and URL with this tool you will be able to see how it will show on a google search. Check out SERP PREVIEW TOOL
- Yoast SEO Plugin: If you are using WordPress for creating your business website, there is Yoast SEO Plugin it will give you high quality recommendations how to make your text content optimized for search engines.
4- PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS
- Focus Writer: FocusWriter is a clean working space or distraction-free writing environment.
- Open Calmly Writer: Another tool to help you focus and not get distracted. Open Calmly Productivity tool.
5- Research and Ideas Generation: Internet Business Tools
- Hub Spot’s: HubSpot’s Ideas Generator is a useful tool for finding topics to write about, and it can also be used to detect good titles. It’s funny when you copy, and past any generated title from this tool and search for it in google. You will find many articles using the same titles from this tool. Maybe only the last word different.
- Brand Watch (Paid) A social media listening tool this is paid application. Maybe useful for medium size businesses.
- Answer the Public Ask the seeker and in few seconds you will have answers to go through for you internet business ideas.
- Portent Content Idea Generator Type your keyword, and it will give you a clear presentation on how to tackle your content.
- Google Trends: Find trending stories on google trends and you can refine your search by date, location and topic.
- Natural Language Understanding Tool: Its a collection of analytic tools that can help you determine important keywords.
6- ORGANIZER TOOLS
- Todoist: Lets you keep track of things in one place.
- Trello: Organize and Prioritize your assignments with Trello.
- Shareist: For your Social Media account management
- Before starting with the tools, you need to create content for your posts and social media accounts. It’s recommended to read Google’s quality guidelines dated July 27, 2017, this manual lists how Google treats page quality and ranking.
- Flesch–Kincaid readability tests to learn about the readability test score of your content.
- Read “Writing for the web” from the University of Canterbury this article will help toward writing better for your website business.
- How to write plain English by Rudolf Flesch
Now It should become clear how you need to write easy plain English for the internet.
If you know any other internet business tools please let me know so I can add it to the list. Thank you for reading.
You might like other articles related to Internet business opportunities and online business ideas for beginners .